Myspace is usually the first port of call for telling the world about your band – but there are so many other places to get the word out that it’d be a shame to keep your music restricted to one website!
Here are a few alternatives that I’ve tried with my band, You and What Army, to get you started:
1. Last.FM – An awesome website that shows which songs people are listening to and is good at introducing people to new music. Definately worth visiting.
2. Reverbnation – Has some fantastic tools to promote your band with, including a whole street team section that is well worth looking at!
3. Bebo - A myspace-esque social networking website that has a decent amount of traffic, meaning a decent amount of people to get the word out to!
4. Facebook - Apparently more popular than myspace now, the social networking phenomenon is so much cleaner and crisper than myspace, and has a huge community to promote to.
5. Mindviz - Another social networking site that is not so popular that it’s impossible to get into their music charts with a bit of help from your fans! And chart positions = recognition!
Do you know any other good sites for band promotion? Share them with us in a comment below!