Favorite Dubstep artists?

Talk about the bands, artists and DJs!

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby TheSoundCenter » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Super Alex wrote:
MassiveDynamic wrote:Excision, Datsik, Downlink, Liquid Stranger, and Rusko are my top 5


........

TheSoundCenter wrote:Guido, Kode9, Phaeleh, Vex'd, Skream, Nero, SBTRKT, Mount Kimbie, Rusko, James Blake, Emalkay, Burial, Scuba, Bassnectar, DMZ, Horsepower, Caspa. . . among others. :D


That's better.

:mrgreen:
TheSoundCenter
Squire of Sound (Mono)
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: Florida, US

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Rmonik » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 am

What's up with these crazes that are going around? Every loved Skrillex and therefore all the "real" dubheads disliked him. Now everyone adores Koan Sound and Liquid Stranger (for example) yet no one dislikes them for being so famous?
Image
User avatar
Rmonik
Le Facetious Lemon Key Lord
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 am
Location: Ghent, Belgium

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby JannikR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:18 am

Because they are good? :6:

Nah but because Liquid is someone who've been at it for sooo long and his music is so diverse. He's really built up a great loyal fanbase.
Koan I dunno though.
http://soundcloud.com/phaselabs/your-explosion-my-mind-e
Phaeleh wrote:Yeah man, I can write in all other software (except logic, which is the work of satan)
JannikR
Senior Management
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 pm
Location: Skövde, Sweden

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Gastly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:38 am

Rmonik wrote:What's up with these crazes that are going around? Every loved Skrillex and therefore all the "real" dubheads disliked him. Now everyone adores Koan Sound and Liquid Stranger (for example) yet no one dislikes them for being so famous?


Koan sound and Liquid have groove
Click the gif.

Image
User avatar
Gastly
Lord of Leads (Solo)
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Rmonik » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 am

Skrillex has WUUUAARGH. Your point being?
Image
User avatar
Rmonik
Le Facetious Lemon Key Lord
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 am
Location: Ghent, Belgium

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Gastly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Well, Listen to skrillex, and then listen to Koan sound, which one do you wanna dance to, the one that sounds like an overly pubescent raving rabbit having the shit kicked out of it, or one that sounds like a more bassy groove filled hiphop masterpiece?
Click the gif.

Image
User avatar
Gastly
Lord of Leads (Solo)
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Rmonik » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:24 pm

The rabbit one :3
Image
User avatar
Rmonik
Le Facetious Lemon Key Lord
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 am
Location: Ghent, Belgium

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby metabura » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

ahaha nice one!

I feel like Skrillex is becoming a touchy subject on dubstep threads.
A bit like mac vs pc. sooooo pointless :twisted:

lets get back on the subject,
any other dubstep artists (dont say skrillex is not an artist, i can hear you thinking it,^^) to recommend? :D
metabura
Preset Peasant (Primeloops)
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Paris

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Gastly » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Rmonik wrote:The rabbit one :3


You're saying that to be pedantic, or you like animal abuse, either of them are wrong. :p

Eptic, Burial, and Netsky done this dubstep song once and it was pretty good, don't think it makes him a dubstep artist though :)
Click the gif.

Image
User avatar
Gastly
Lord of Leads (Solo)
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Favorite Dubstep artists?

Postby Rmonik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:26 am

Gastly wrote:
Rmonik wrote:The rabbit one :3


You're saying that to be pedantic, or you like animal abuse, either of them are wrong. :p

Eptic, Burial, and Netsky done this dubstep song once and it was pretty good, don't think it makes him a dubstep artist though :)

No, i'm serious, i prefer heavy brostep live. I love going to cookie monsta and funtcase shows, but it's not like i like their music, so it goes even further. Skrillex is easy listening compared to them.
Image
User avatar
Rmonik
Le Facetious Lemon Key Lord
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 am
Location: Ghent, Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to Bands/Artists/DJs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest